Exclusive Tour 1 Night 2 Days – Taste of Sundarbans – EX1N2D A
Travel Time: Kolkata to Sunderban Tiger Camp
Land – 3 hours | Boat- 1.45 hours
‘Sunderban Tiger Camp’ is an escapade in the lap of nature. Located at Dayapur, an island village in Sundarban, it’s a blissful world that shields you from your television, newspapers, Internet or (sometimes) telephone.
We make a conscious effort to take our guests out of their cottages and allow them to experience the beauty of Dayapur Island that’s home to salt water crocodiles and a variety of exotic birds and of course, the Sundarban National Park, a world heritage site and biosphere reserve that promises a rare sighting of the elusive ‘Royal Bengal Tiger’.
- Sundarban National Park: World Heritage Site
- Cruise in the Mangroves: Largest Mangrove Forest in the world with Tiger Habitat
- Jatirampur Visit: Bird nesting spot near village
- Adibasi Dance: Tribal Dance of the Aboriginals
- Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower: Observation point
DAY-WISE TOUR ITINERARY
- Pick up from the preferred location mentioned by the guest (Hotel/Airport/Railway Station).
- Travel by boat to Waxpol Ghat, from where guests will be escorted to the Sunderban Tiger Camp.
- Optional Stopover at ‘Gosaba’, one of the earliest human settlements in the Sundarbans.
- Check-in followed by lunch at Fisherman’s Wharf restaurant.
- Post lunch, guests can either relax in their room or walk around the resort.
- Embark on the cruise to Jatirampur, a well- known spot for observing the nesting of birds (in the winter months).
- Around sunset, return to the resort for hi-tea and snacks.
- Sit around the bonfire (winters only) and view the Adibasi dance, a performance by aboriginal natives of Sundarbans.
- Dinner at Fisherman’s Wharf restaurant.
- Guests can relax at the Gol Ghar bar or call it a night.
- Embark on the morning boat safari to Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower. Breakfast will be served on the boat.
- Return to the resort before noon. Enjoy an early lunch and depart for Kolkata. You will be transferred to your preferred drop-off point (Hotel/Airport/Railway station).
- 1 nights and 2 days’ accommodation at Sunderban Tiger Camp.
- Meals: 1 Breakfast + 2 Lunch + 1 Evening Snacks + 1 Dinner and tea/coffee service.
- Services of Local Trained Guide.
- Adibasi dance show.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Fees for Video and Still Camera
- Forest Entry Fees
- A-la-carte orders
- All expenses of personal nature – additional meals, en route meals, etc.
- Soft Beverages, Mineral Water and Alcoholic Drinks
- Other activities undertaken at special request, which are not mentioned in the tariff.
- Insurance: Emergency medical cover and travel insurance,
- It is advised that before you travel to India, you must subscribe to comprehensive travel insurance covering personal effects, personal accident, medical exigencies, emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- Gratuity for the staff and guide.
You may consider extending your stay in Sundarbans and do more safaris before or after the above tour, you can also customise it according to your interest.